Monday, March 23, 2009

where to start

It has been a fairly horrible week, and it's only monday. Started the morning with the usual nonsense from the resident nutjob. Got home and discovered my horrible psycho neighbour has painted the Great Wall of Horningsea Park that they illegally built between out properties. They have only painted their side, so my side is still ugly. This was one of those situations where, I have to admit, I wasn't going to be happy with either available option. Either they would come into our yard (and they never ask, they just wander in as if they own the place) and paint the wall, or they would leave it ugly. I guess I feel a little better now that I know what they have chosen, I'm just not looking forward to them having a cow when I put up the gate and it is butt up against their wall.

Then this afternoon a couple of kids turn up at my door and tell me that their mum said they want their kitten back. I pointed out that the kitten was given to me last Thursday and that I had already given it away. They had the audacity to tell me that they didn't know where it was. So let me get this straight.....a one week old kitten that hasn't opened it's eyes and can't walk teleported itself out of the house? If they didn't know where it was how did they know to come and knock on my door and ask for it back? I will never be surprised by the selfishness of people again. Oh did I mention that the rest of the litter didn't make it, so my visit from the kids came just after they found out mine was still alive.

Going to drink a bottle of red wine tonight and hope the world goes away.
Danxxx

3 comments:

Narelle said...

Hey Baby,
I have heard that 2 bottles of wine make it go away for longer!!!!

I am feeling a little the same. Don't want to hear any more of the same.

Love Ya long Time
Rell

Ben said...

darling, you nourished that kitten andloved it and did night feeds like it was your own baby. you hae every right to tell the little street twats to go stick their head in a litter tray. as for the neighbours - look forward to their faces when i paint it pink and write "this wall left intentionally blank on it"

Donna J said...

Hey its gotta get better! We still love ya, and you can have the wine now and not worry about getting up to feed the cat. Don't forget I can always help you paint the wall, only I'm very messy and might splash it everywhere over the other side of the fence.