Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lemonade Scones

Decided to try out Donna's scone recipe today. It is dead easy. 3cups SR flour, 1 cup lemonade, 1 cup cream. Knead together. Cut out scones and place on tray lined with baking paper and a little flour. Bake 200C for 15 minutes.

Apparently I am still a little sleepy. Only three ingredients and I still screwed the recipe up. I put in a cup of water instead of cream. Had to add more flour to get the right consistency to the dough but otherwise they turned out just fine. Damn good recipe, you can get a third of it wrong and they still taste good.

Dan xxxx

3 comments:

Narelle said...

Hey There,
Thanks for sharing the recipe I can't wait to try them. Even better I am looking forward to people thinking that I am really clever in cooking scones. So what happens when you stuff up 2 ingredients?
Love Ya Long Time
Rell
PS What about a cup of Vodka????? Lets just see what the week brings as this might just be the best option.

Donna J said...

Glad the scones worked out, so easy adn yet yummy! I have trouble keeping the lemonade for the scones, everyone tries to drink it. Would like to see the vodka version, vodka jelly is good!

Ben said...

just like yellow snow there is a secret ingredient.