This is my beautiful Alex at his seventh birthday. He had a lovely time with his friends. We are very lucky that both our children are surrounded by lovely friends. He is growing up really fast, it's a bit sad to see he's not a baby anymore. He still manages to say some very funny stuff. I think we may need to get his hearing checked because the last few things have been him not correctly hearing things that were said. He was writing a note to his sister and didn't know how to spell a word. I am encouraging the use of dictionaries, so Alex comes to me and complains that he can't find the word annoying. I asked him to show me where he was looking and he was looking in the "n" section for the word "noying", as in you are a noying. Then we had a long arguement about the movie Tom Sawyer which Alex was determined the characters name was Tom Swayer. I am prepared to blame the very thick American accents for that one. Today I was messing around with the kids and told them their lunch was supercaladelicious and Alex told me I sounded like Mary Popper. I got a mental image of a cheerful Nanny who farted a lot.
Leviathan Wakes
12 years ago

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Alex,
We were bummed that we couldn't make your party. Your mum looks like she out did herself yet again.
Dan, I'm a little like you - 7 where did the time go?????
Love Rell
Post a Comment