

These are my kids helping me paint the walls. Emma had a lovely time helping and did a reasonable job. Yes I did manage to photograph the only time she accidently painted the skirting board. If you look really closely at Alex you will see his foot is on the lid of the paint can. Yes it was paint side up. You may have also noticed that when choosing an outfit to paint the house in he seems to have gone for the dinosaur look. Not sure what goes on in that childs brain. When sent to change out of his uniform so that he can help with the painting at what point when standing in front of his cupboard did the idea "dinosaur outfit" seem like a good idea? Not only did he manage to get paint all over his hands, arms and feet but he had the added bonus of a tail to drag through the paint. While he is happily painting away with the roller, his little tail waggling, the new kitten is attacking his tail. This results in the cat rubbing up against walls. Donna suggested I just keep rubbing her up the rest of the walls and call it the Burmese Suede effect. This is yet another good reason why I should not be allowed to play with Donna unsupervised because for a brief moment I was tempted. After all the challenge of getting the paint on the walls I look at it and discover that the paint that originally looked like a nice pale chocolatey colour in the patch was in fact kind of lavender. I kind of like the colour, it clashes nicely with our orange dining chairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment