Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nearly there

Not long now and it will be Christmas day. Have started getting ready to have friends over for New Years Day. Then I get to kick back and enjoy the school holidays with the kids. So far it has been nice to have Ben home for a change. Normally he works every day except for the public holidays but this year he has decided to take some time off work. He has been really motivated and has been tidying up in the house and in the front yard. He put a nice wood panel up out the front and after it was done we had the joy of sitting in the lounge room listening to the spac next door going off her tree. 'Tis the season to be jolly.



Have discovered that while a $2 bottle of wine is a very drinkable proposition the $1.99 stuff is crap. Apparently that extra 1c makes a difference. Who would have thought that 1c could still be so important? Mind you I have 2 boxes of the stuff. Will we be flushing it down the loo? Gosh no! By the third bottle for the evening it tastes great. Lets be honest one of my friends adds lemonade to her red wine, so if I'm cracking a bottle with her I am certainly not going to break out the good stuff.

Went out for the work Christmas party last night. Had an absolute ball. The restaurant was in Parramatta and was called Inside Out. The food was magnificent. Expensive but magnificent. Fortunately my incredibly generous employers paid for the evening so Ben and I had a lovely meal, a lot of laughs and generally a great evening and only had to pay for our parking. Cool huh? Ben offered to let me drink and he would drive but as I am really attached to my job I thought it best I not drink. The problem with Ben drinking was that when we got home we started having bizarre conversations. We started chatting about my password that I used for the Bank. I had rung them that morning to find out whether or not they were planning on giving me back the money that had been stolen from my Visa card. Apparently when we joined the bank I had given them a word that I could use so that I was allowed to speak to a human being on the phone about my account. I had forgotten about this so I had to guess. Fortunately it was a good guess and therefore they were able to tell me that they really had no idea how things were going and I would just have to wait. For reasons that I can't quite remember right now I decided to tell Ben about the Bank conversation at 1:ooam after he had consumed vast amounts of alcohol. So instead of having a sensible conversation we got a bit sidetracked over the whole issue of the password. He accused me of having a boring and predictable password. Ben felt that if a word had to be provided to your financial institution then it should be incredibly random and put the person on the other end of the line on edge. Some of the suggestions were:

Blood lust
Random stabbing
Loading guns
Fight club
Killer instinct
Death to bankers
Drug run
Counterfeit money
Buildings burn
I can see you
Psycho
Toungie

You get the drift. We spent the wee hours of the morning giggling away because of all the stupid little phrases that we felt should be used for passwords.

So that's my life up to now. I have to go finish doing my baking so that I am ready for Christmas. I hope you all have a joy filled Christmas and that your families are good to you. If they aren't we still have the list.

Love to you all. Dan xxxx

No comments: