Saturday, September 26, 2009

finished for the term

I know there is still one more week of school for the kids but for me the last cake walked out the door this morning and I won't have any more cakes until next term. The beer mug cake turned out to be popular, which was to be expected. The wedding caked was eventually picked up and the bride was happy with it, I'm just happy it's gone, although I never truely feel finished until the last of the leftovers are out of the house. Thank heavens I have so many people prepared to help me out with clearing the left overs.

Emma seems to be just fine. I talked to her about the blood from her arm and she said that hadn't bothered her. Perhaps it just took a while for her brain to catch up. I sat her down to have a very serious talk about the fact that worms couldn't possibly come out of her arm (all the mums were having a joke while she was bleeding) but apparently she didn't hear any of it. She did think the idea was funny when I told her and didn't faint again so I'm guessing that hasn't bothered her at all. The fact that she didn't remember any of the conversation we were all having around her while she was bleeding possibly indicates her mind was a little more focused on the blood than she thought. I got a couple of phone calls from people who had driven by and saw her down and one of the neighbours kids popped over to check she was okay. By Monday morning everyone in the school should know that Emma fainted, hope the gossip doesn't go insane. Alex is just so relieved that he isn't going to loose his sister, he had got a little teary when we picked up the car and was telling me that he would really miss Emma if she was gone. I swear that child is slightly South American, he jumps to panic so quickly, she fainted but he is starting to work himself into a panic that she was going to die. Thankfully everything is all fine now.

For those of you with a long car trip on the way, I found a really cool puzzle at Big W. It was in with the books and is called "IQ Challenge" it is one of those write on wipe off jobs. It has a pen and cleaning cloth packed in the box and the box itself is sturdy enough to use as a little table. The kids have been enjoying the puzzles and they come in a range of levels to keep them thinking for a while. It was only $10, so I am considering going back up there and getting another one for Emma's classroom.

Hope everyone is looking forward to the school holidays as much as I am.

Dan xxx

1 comment:

Narelle said...

Hey There,
Glad to hear that Em is OK. She had us a little worried for a moment!!!!

Thanks for offering to pick the boys up for me this afternoon and sorry that they chose to go with Desi! It is nice to have good friends like you guys to depend on.

Your husband is a funny man. Tell him to go with the glitter - I think that it would be a good look. I needed a good laugh and as my husband has completely lost his sense of humour this was just what the doctor ordered. Still laughing at the thought.

Love Ya Long Time
Rell