One of my friends has been incredibly naughty and given me a present that was very lovely but not necessary. I was going to put it under the Christmas tree and wait but Alex couldn't cope with the idea so he opened it. Out came a beautiful box of chocolates and Alex looked and said "isn't that a great present, you have a lovely friend Mummy". "Yes I have a lot of lovely friends Alex" was my response. Christmas may be full of frantic shopping, baking and being driven nuts by needing to be in six places at once, but I thought that little moment summarised what Christmas should be. I stood there knowing that I have a lot of lovely friends and I am very grateful for their friendship, humour and the occasional shoulder, also that while I never expected a gift so generous it reminded me to be grateful that my friends appreciate me for who I am, which is a bloody hard task some days I'm sure. So while it was lovely to receive a gift I wanted to let you all know that I appreciate you all and hope your Christmas brings you as much love and joy as I get from knowing the wonderful people that I get to call my friends.
1 comment:
Hey There,
Yes we do love you for who you are and you are amazing (amazingly funny). Had a great night laughing with you the other night. I agree life is meant to be easy and it is when you are surrounded by friends who love you.
Love Ya Long Time
Rell (likeitontop)
xxxx
Post a Comment