Saturday, November 8, 2008

another Alex moment

Ben and I have been playing a game on Facebook. It is one of those word games where they give you 6 letters and you have to see how many words of 3 or more letters you can make. The kids have started sitting next to us while we are playing and trying to help find the words. Emma is getting quite good at it. Alex sits next to me and makes the sounds to see if he can find a word. I can't remember what all 6 letters were at the time but last night Alex was sitting next to me doing his usual sounding out while Emma was calling out suggestions. All of a sudden Alex catches my attention he is sounding "s", then he tries "sl", we add an"u", and finish by sounding a "t". Then he puts the sounds together and yells out "slut, slut Mummy, try slut". We aren't sure if Emma has come across the word before or if it was the look on Ben's face but she quickly dashes out to the kitchen, placing herself far enough away to be out of trouble but close enough to hear what happens. I'm trying to keep a very blank face. I look at Alex and ask him to put the word in a sentence. His response was "I don't know, how about I just got slut in the head?" I can only hope he was thinking of the word slapped.

1 comment:

Narelle said...

Oh Boy - you and your family are a complete worry. Did you ask Ben if he had ever been slutted in the head??????? Or maybe even if he would like to be slutted in the head???????? Ohh funny. Glad that you have it is writing. Print in all off so that you have a hard copy. Now I want to attend Alex's 18th and 21st and I think that they will both be the longest parties ever because you will have so many embarrassing moments to get through. When I started reading I actually thought that some of the letters were going to be u n c or t. I was actually surprised as I thought that I knew where the story was going.
Thanks for the funny share.
Love Ya Long Time
Rell